Your shopping bag is empty
Korea is the 4th country to establish the IoT community MindSphere World
MindSphere World Korea, an association of users, developers, universities and researchers of the cloud-based open IoT operating system MindSphere was founded on June. Through activities in various fields, MindSphere World Korea is designed to create synergies among members by exchanging technical demands, developing market models and establish IoT platforms and ecosystems based on MindSphere. The association also aims to activate data-driven businesses that utilize advanced ICT technologies in the industrial environment.
Siemens Ltd. Seoul(SLS) together with Hyundai Wia and ISAAC Engineering Co., Ltd, software solution developers and manufacturing companies specialized in facilities and machinery, founded MindSphere World Korea in collaboration with IoT and data experts such as Incheon National University and Korea Polytechnic University. The association aims to speed up a data-driven business paradigm that blends core data technologies and applications of various industry fields, including big data, AI (artificial intelligence), AR (augmented reality) and VR (virtual reality).
The association will make efforts to have a significant number of domestic enterprises, universities, rese-arch institutes, fourth industrial revolution-related organizations and promotion groups to join as members. After Germany, Italy and Singapore, Korea is the fourth country to establish MindSphere World and will further collaborate with other three countries to get the benefits from the international exchange.
With the foundation of MindSphere World Korea, members will cooperate in the following areas:
• establish a MindSphere-based IoT ecosystem
• support members of MindSphere World Korea in improving IoT industry’s development issues
• promote research and development, training possibilities and information protection of IoT-related technology
• participate in international IoT standardization exchanges and cooperation projects for recommendation of further developments
• foster human resources through exchange and cooperation with enterprises, universities and research institutes
• organize exhibitions and training opportunities domestically and abroad for members of MindSphere World Korea
Dieter Schletterer, Head of Digital Industries (DI) at SLS, has been elected first Chairman of the association.
MindSphere enables any manufacturing company, machine or plant to safely ex-change a variety of digital data across corporate boundaries and to connect a wide range of products and environments organically. This data then leads to optimized process and facility at industrial sites as well as improved productivity and efficiency.